RE: Net2phone,MSN Messenger,Yahoo Messenger does not wo- rk with ISA Authentication

  • From: "Mark" <marcoswelker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:45:06 -0600

I wouldn´t advise you to use this type of authorization.
I can use Integrated authentication and Rules applied to groups rather
than IP´s.

There are two problems concerning this situation:
1. In ISA Management, application filters, there´s one filter called:
"HTTP redirector filter". If you check out it´s properties you´ll see that
it redirects your firewall requests to web proxy requests cancelling your
authentication. This way MSN, Yahoo, ICQ won´t pass through ISA. Set if
for "Send to requested Web server".

2. There´s a bug in the Firewall client application. Uncheck
"Automatically detect ISA Server".

After doing this configuration, you´ll see that a small green ball with a
white point in it will appear on the Firewall client ICON.

Hope this will help.