RE: Cisco VPN Client

  • From: "Jeffrey M. Butte" <jbutte@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:44:56 -0500

David,

Well, I am much closer.... the protocol definitions solved the client
connection problem.  The VPN client authenticates and connects.
However.. it does not seem to pass traffic.  The client overlays the
local NIC with the foreign network settings (DNS, WINS, etc).  When not
going through ISA, I can ping things etc.  However going through ISA,
once the connection is established, the traffic seems to go out.. but
does not return a reply.  All internal clients are SNAT; no firewall
client.

I am trying to get more info on the client.  The provider of the
customized VPN client is not very forthcoming with info.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Jeff