RE: Cisco VPN Client

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:33:51 -0800

Hi Dan,

This is normal for FWC apps.
A1 - both the FWC and the Cisco VPN client are Winsock Layered Service
Providers (herein referred to as 'LSP').  What LSPs do is accept traffic
passed to Winsock and "do their thing with it", each in their turn as
registered in the Winsock catalog.  In the case of FWC and CVC, they
redirect the traffic to the destination they deem appropriate *if they
get the traffic to begin with*.
Since the FWC:
1. is registered first in the Winsock catalog
2. the traffic is for a non-local subnet
2. has no policy stating otherwise

..it directs the SQL traffic to the ISA for further processing.
Thus, the CVC never sees the traffic.

A2 - use the ISA logs, Luke - query for SQL traffic from that client.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org
   Read the help / books / articles!