RE: Checkpoint NG R55 Firewall and Microsoft ISA 2004 Firewall

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 05:54:13 -0500

Hi Sibbs,

No! Don't burn down the NG. Its a good firewall and there will
definitely be some use for it. You could use a back to back config, a
parallel config, or even keep the NG where it is and use the ISA
firewall as a network services segment firewall. The latter config is
especially attractive if you're not planning on using the ISA firewall
to control outbound access to the Internet.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/