Checkpoint NG R55 Firewall and Microsoft ISA 2004 Firewall

  • From: Gene Sibbs <gen_sib@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 03:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I have been away from ISA Server platform for quite sometime, and I lastly
worked on ISA 2000 version and this was in 2003. I am currently busy preparing
ISA Server 2004 EE.  Intended goal is to expose our emails to the outside world
and enable the member of our Organization to hit their emails from anywhere in
the universe.

Currently, our computing infrastructure is firewalled by means of Checkpoint NG
R55 and is full licensed. As I am busy building up beta ISA Server 2004 I am
not 100% sure whether to burn down the Checkpoint NG R55 firewall complete and
run the show on full-blown ISA 2004 only?

I am writing to the group to hear what would be the best approach, if anybody
might have experience on running both firewalling solutions?

Thank you and I look forward to hear from the Group.

Sibbs