Re: Changing ISA array server's internal IP addresses

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:59:31 -0700

As long as:
1. you don't change AD sites (you'll have to un/reinstall ISA)
2. you run http://isatools/org/fix_intraarray.vbs on the ISA that gets the
change
..all should be well with ISA.

Having multiple default gateways only makes sense if the local routers can
provide "Dead Gateway" functionality; typically, this isn't the case.
Also, unless your new subnet provides a path to other subnets that are
unreachable via the original subnet, you don't need another gateway.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
 http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison