Re: Cannot access to Internet On ISA Server

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:21:31 -0800

Inline...

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brain Whistler" <brainwhistler@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 20:38
Subject: [isalist] Cannot access to Internet On ISA Server

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi,

I was using Proxy Server 2.0 on Win2K, then I upgraded it to ISA Server
with all its customise settings. Even then I can browse and access to
other services sitting on ISA Server(interactively).

After sometimes later I had to reinstall my ISA Server, now I am following
these problems,

1. When I tried to restore the setting which I backed up before
uninstalling the previous one, it did not restore by giving an error of
mismatching type.

* You can't restore a backup from one installation to another.

2. I was able to use Internet before now I cannot, as it tries to do but
does not able to go.

* You have to recreate the settings you had before; ISA is a closed door
after installation

Can anybody tell why it is like this, OR it is by default that ISA Server
blocks all traffic using it interactively.

Thanks in Advance

brain