Re: Blocking URL's with ISA Server 2000

  • From: Faraz Hassan Khan <f_hkhan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:39:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello Mwarren
this question has been asked and answered so many times at isaserver.org, here
is how "Greg Mulholland" respond it.(and please don't ask these kind of newbies
questions to TOM, now a days he is working on SBS).

This has been done to death since the inception of ISA server 2000...
so unless you are new to this list or even using the product i will
assume that you should have searchable archives in your mail and also that
wonderful thing called the Interwebnet...

In short you can follow this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q300492&s d=tech
 procedure to create a destination set for whatever the sites are you
that you need to block. Of course the easy way of doing this is to get
the "banned sex site started pack" zip file from www.isastuff.mine.nu
and import it using the import script from www.isatools.org (which i
think is down atm cos Jim didn't pay his bill as he spent too much on
 handcuffs and lube this month).. The starter pack has a list of many
many porn sites and of course you can add your own to it.

Regards
Faraz

mwarren@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

I work in a school district of which I am using ISA Server 2000. I have a
destination set created to block specific web sites of which I have added
to this list as sites have been brought to my attention. I have noticed
at the site

http://thelazyadmin.net/index.php?/archives/66-Blocking-URLs-and-Domains-with-ISA-2004.html

that there is a blocklist.zip file in the article that is a precompiled
XML file. Is there a step-by-step process listed somewhere of a way I can
put this file into ISA Server 2000?

Thanks,

MW