Authentication to an upstream server

  • From: "Nicholas White" <nicholas.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:45:54 -0600

We have an isolated network connected via an ISDN line to the a production
environment. Within the isolated network there is a tree root
(domain1.com) and child domain (child.domain1.com). There are no trusts to
the production network. There is a Proxy 2.0 server available in the
production network. We have configured an ISA proxy server (only) in the
child.domain1.com domain, and within the routing we have setup a rule to
look upstream to the Proxy 2.0 server in the production environment. This
includes a domain2 production account in the configuration to use for
authentication against the Proxy 2.0 server.

There is a Protocol rule and a Site and Content rule configure to allow
all for all users. The client machines are also configured to look at the
ISA proxy server (port 8080).

The error we are getting is when the browser is opened on the client
machine, a log on box pops up, and when the domain2 production account
details are entered the requested web site is presented. We are trying to
get the configuration right so that this pop up does not appear.

It seems as though the ISA server is not passing the domain2 account
details to the upstream Proxy 2.0 server. I have run a Netmon, and the
upstream Proxy 2.0 server is not getting the account it requires for
authentication.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Nick White