Re: Arrays

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 06:04:06 -0800

ISA doesn't "load balance" in that sense.  The only thing it can do is
provide a setting for the web clients to use a backup route if the primary
one fails to respond.
This setting is really only useful if the primary ISA fails to respond, not
when you lose external connectivity.
Part of the problem is that ISA isn't really "aware" of the connection
beyond its own NICs.
If you want real redundancy, you'll have to use additional hardware (no; NLB
doesn't handle external issues either), and they're pricey.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG