RE: Anyone using Computer Associates eTrust Content Inspection?

  • From: "Richard Pettigrew" <Richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:43:13 -0000

Yeh, I have Installed it for one of my clients.

It seems to perform ok on a server with adequate spec.

However, when you download a file by clicking a hyperlink for example,
it will sit for ages before popping up the save as dialogue box, this
had lead to many frusted users on this network, until explained to them
that this is what it was doing. Basically, the file being downloaded, is
downloaded, but is is done in it's entirety then scanned, then it allows
you to save it or open it!

I personally would not use it, I would use something like Network
Associates Virus Scan on the client computer, with download and internet
scanning enabled, this way you what is happening.

Incidentally, I cannot get e-trust inoculate IT 6 on the server that ISA
is installed on to download it's auto-dat updates using ftp. I have had
to download them manually and then install them.

Any ideas?