Additional Block of IP's for external interface

  • From: "Chad Roush" <croush@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:32:55 -0500

Our ISP initially provided us with 5 public IP addresses that we have
assigned to our external interface on our ISA.
We have requested additional IP's as our publishing needs have grown.
Our ISP has allotted us an additional range of IP's with a different
network ID,
and is telling me that I need to add them to our NAT table as they have
configured the router to forward them to one of our orignal IP's.  By
doing this I get to use all 32 of the IP's they are giving me, but I can
not assign them to the external interface.  How would I go about
configuring this?

The other option would require my ISP to configure an additional default
gateway, and then I can assign them to the external interface.
Can someone give me some advice on how to handle this?  Would I need to
add an additional interface to handle the range of addresses with the
new gateway?

Thanks,

Chad Roush
croush@xxxxxxxxxxx