RE: AOL

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:55:41 -0700

AOL is chock full of problems.

Like randomly changing the IP address during a session. (This kills
Imail web messaging session security.)

Causing random lockups when using the AOL browser to browse certain
sites.

It is important with AOL, (documented and tested by us but denied by AOL
techs,) to set the page file manually on any computer running using AOL
to 2.5 times physical memory. This has stopped problems on both laptops
and desktops.

John Tolmachoff
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.