[IRLGuideDogs] Some great news for the lists

  • From: Darragh.OHeiligh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: irlvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:47:07 +0100

Sorry for cross posting.

Recently thanks to an idea that Stuart had, I've been looking for a way of
hosting both these lists on lists.ie.  After a lot of searching I finally
got in contact with the maintainer of that site and he's kindly agreed to
give us some space for free.  I'm currently in discussions with him to
ensure we get a really high quality service and so far I'm really
impressed.  The lists.ie discussion groups run on software called mailman.
I'm not going to get to technical, don't worry. All I wanted to say is it
will provide me with a lot more options and a lot less will go wrong.

I'll update you all soon with the details.
For any of you who are concerned that this is the third move for these
lists let me assure you that this is a much more stable and reliable
service and I don't see any need arising in the future to move to any
additional site.

Darragh Ó Héiligh - Technical lead
Stream EMEA
Direct Dial:  +353 14400793
Ext:               2293
Stream Practice 3 - "Invest the time. It can be the difference between
satisfying and "wowing" your customer."