[interfacekit] BPropertyInfo completed

  • From: "Jeremy Rand" <jrand@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:59:59 EDT

Just a quick note to say I have completed the following items for
BPropertyInfo:

1. The use cases are complete and available from current/docs/develop/
app/usecases/BPropertyInfoUseCases.html

2. The unit tests are done and are available from current/src/tests/
kits/app/bpropertyinfo

3. The implementation is complete and it is available from current/src/
kits/app/PropertyInfo.cpp

I must thank Marc who supplied a good deal of information and the
actual implementation that I started with.  If you have any comments
about any of it, please let me know.

I will be starting work on BDeskbar shortly.  I am a bit concerned
about testing it though because I expect that it is essentially just a
proxy class that just sends BMessages to the deskbar to do just about
everything.  I expect that the libopenbeos.so will not be able to send
BMessages to the BeOS deskbar because of the differences in the
messaging protocol.  Any suggestions on the best ways to test it under
BeOS?  I expect I will have to test my implementation without any other
OpenBeOS components so I get the Be implementation of BApplication,
BMessenger etc.

Again, thanks for any feedback you have for me on BPropertyInfo.

--
Jeremy Rand
jrand@xxxxxxxx