[infoshare] Re: internet speech

  • From: "SHARON JOYNER" <darlenjoy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:36:17 -0500

Hi Lucia,
We're supposed to get the demonstration in the next meeting.  So you heard it
already, but we're still going to have it.  Maria already made the contact with
the gentleman and set it up for the next meeting.

It's fine that you were interested in hearing about it, but the purpose of
having the group is to learn about different technology, museums, etc together.
 In my opinion, you kind of ruin it if you go ahead of us learning about it and
tell us everything there is to know about it.  We want to experience it
together so that if there's something we may not understand, someone in the
group can have a better insight about it.  A salesman will always tell a
potential customer everything good about a product and never the negatives.  In
having this kind of group, someone might have used a certain product before and
could evaluate it honestly by saying the pros and cons on it.

Lynnette and Maria can respond to this, but since I help with coordinating I'm
going to state my feelings about this.  For me, in the future, I would
appreciate it if you keep your experiences with whatever we're going to do to
yourself until the day of the meeting.  So that we have something to look
forward to.  Then, the day of the meeting, after we heard the demonstration you
can tell us your experience.

In no ways do I want to hurt your feelings and I'm glad you're excited about
our interests, I'm just asking you not to spoil it for the rest of us.

Take care