[infoshare] internet speech

  • From: "Marett, Lucia (ACS)" <Lucia.Marett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:01:48 -0400

Dear Super-Lynne, and dear Infoshare family: I just got  a call from a
gentleman who operates Internet speech.  This system is called Net-echo.
I asked if I could call him, to come and demonstrate Internet speech for
Infoshare.  The gentleman said for any one  who is interested, to call,
1877 312/4638

HEre's what happened!

,

Today, I received a call from a man who demo nstrated Internet-speech,
(net-echo) whereby you can access internetspeech in the form of
searching, reading e-mail, or accessing websites, over the phone.  A
person is prompted, and they can speak the choices they wish to access:
surfing the web, reading e-mail, composing an e-mail message, the
systemis voice-activated, and the system understands a person's voice.
The cost is  $14 monthly.

It will say, record your message, hit zero when done.  Same as sending a
voice-mail message:  over the phone:  A computer voice prompts the
person through the system.  1877 312/4638

The man  demonstrated the entire system over the phone.  Computers and
phones are now inerchangeable.  Fascinating!

yOu can use either interactive spelling, or just say the name of the
item that you wish to search.  The system gives highlights.

This means that we can conduct research over the phone: the system has a
dictionary:

Stay 8in touch.  Best regareds,  Lucia