[infoshare] Two iOS apps

  • From: Sam Troia <samtroia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:52:37 -0500

The two apps for iOS devices that i mentioned during today's meeting were:
BrailleInputEditor and
TypeInBraille.

These allow text input on the device in braille rather than using the onscreen
qwerty keyboard.

Personally, I don't really like either one of them as I don't have any trouble
using the onscreen keyboard. Plus, if I wish to write something a little
longish, I have an extra bluetooth Apple keyboard which is paired specifically
to my iPod Touch.

But back to these braille input apps: BrailleInType has some basic editing
capabilities whereas BrailleInputEditor does not. Also, with TIB you can do
things with your text such as emailing or tweeting it and perhaps even sending
it to facebook.

And even though I don't really like these two apps, I'm not sorry I bought
them. TIB was $4.99 and BIE was $2.99.

Sincerely,
Sam Troia, NYC
Rock 'n' roll forever