[infoshare] Re: TDS 31 - Interview with Stevie Wonder on product accessibility

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:02:54 -0500

Well, I can't speak for Window-Eyes, but I know in JAWS there's a setting to turn on Language Detection, or some such thing it's called. I think British English is considered a language; and so somehow, maybe in the coding somewhere, when you go to a British site, JAWS will change its language settings and read in a British accent. Try going to once.es, and see if your screen reader doesn't switch to Spanish on its own. Neat, isn't it?

Rachel