[infoshare] Fwd: "sightless in the city"

  • From: "Denise C." <quest74@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 23:54:56 -0400

Subject: [Acbny-l] "Sightless in the City"

We are currently casting a reality series called "Sightless in the City." This show is being produced for Bravo/Discovery Health Network. The basic premise is to follow our characters in their day to day life as they navigate the city without sight. We're looking for a range of people, young professionals, families, adults, children. We are looking for people with active lives, who have a positive attitude towards their disability, the confidence to be around the cameras and the desire to tell their story. The series will be an upbeat look at how blind people go about their busy lives in New York City.

We are looking for a diverse group of people, of all ages and all races. We want to follow them in their daily lives, at home, work, buying groceries, taking their kids to school and riding the subway. In addition we'd love to include any activities/events that your organization is involved with. For example classes or fundraising events. Hopefully this will be a great opportunity to get word out there about your organization. I'd love to be able to follow someone as they train for the marathon, attend college or maybe even a young single professional who likes to go out and socialize at bars.

I'm also keen to speak to some families with young kids where a parent or child is blind, or even multiple vision impaired people in the same family. If you can think of anyone who would be interested, it would be awesome if you could reach out to them or pass on their details. It is important that the people involved are confident and open to the idea of filming. If you can think of other candidates that would be of interest then please let me know.

In addition is there anywhere in the center that we can post a message for your members?

To begin with we will be filming some demo material which would only take a day or two. Once we begin filming the series, we would be looking for some time commitment from the participants, but can work around their schedule. There is definitely an opportunity for compensation for the participants down the road.

I would be very interested in visiting your facility and speaking more with you about our project. Also please feel free to check out our website http://www.kpitv.com for further information on our company.

Best,

Joanne Azern
Development Producer
KPI
Two Rector Street, 18th fl.
New York, NY 10006
W 212-710-2381
M 646-327-7108
E jazern@xxxxxxxxx

__._,_.___
Help the Disabilities Network grow in 2009, and increase access and civic, social and economic opportunities for people with disabilities in NYC. Get your friends and colleagues involved. Visit dnnyc.net for more information, to join or renew your membership, call 212-284-4160.
MARKETPLACE

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?
Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups
Cats Group

Join a group for

cat owners like you

Get in Shape
on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.
.

__,_._,___
Sherry DeFrancesco
Administrative Director
Westchester Disabled On the Move, Inc.(WDOMI)
984 North Broadway, suite L-01
Yonkers, New York 10701
T (914) 968-4717 ext. 14
F (914) 968-6137
SherryD@xxxxxxxx
http://www.wdom.org

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this communication, including its attachments may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual (s) or entity (ies) to whom it is addressed . The information contained in this communication may also be protected by legal privilege, federal law or other applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication , you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please immediately delete and destroy all copies of this message and please immediately notify us of the error by separate communication. Thank you.