[ilug-cal-website] Re: [J.P. Mathew] Re: Email for ilugcal

  • From: Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:08:02 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Mathew,
  We are not criticise on email topic. I respect you in every aspect. If my
words makes you hearty, then I am extremly sorry for that. That was not my
intension. My intension is to ready ilug-cal.info server as early as possible.

 1. I am not so much expert in Postfix. That is why I suggest you  to install
sendmail. But if experts already suggest you to install Postfix, then it is ok.

 2. Why you have to spend money for your local DNS?

 5. "I cannot access the site from within DPS" - this is related to DNS entry.
I already make a plan to solve this problem. And I think it will solve the
problem without spending money. But before that we have to fix the mail server
problem.

"J.P. Mathew" <jpm.nina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi:
Since there are lot of criticisms, we need to spend some time on the
server and make the site work.
1. Let us install (experts suggest the softare - I have Postfix
running on my server, but if you want sendmail that is also OK) on the
"Inidan GNU-Linux User Group Kolkata Chapter"
box.
2. I will try to organize DNS server later as I need to spend some money on it.
3. Web site (Joomla) : Are the Sections and Categories OK?
4. Can we add one Image (like the Seattle LUG ) simple image or just a
simple title on top saying "Indian GNU-Linux User Group Kolkata
Chapter" or whatever is the legal name.
5. There is a php environment variable ( I think it is $HTTP_HOST )
which should give the server on which the web server is running. Is it
possible to use it instead of the hard coded IP address? I cannot
access the site from within DPS as I cannot use the external IP
address from the LAN. If any expert can suggest the solution, we could
use that. Then I could be more productive and support you by accessing
the ilug-cal web site internally.
JPM

On 8/23/06, Nirmalya Lahiri  wrote:
>  This is because the sendmail is not configured properly to listen from
> other host. We have to reconfigure it.
>
>   I have another suggestion. Why not we should run our personal mail server
> in ilug-cal.info server? If we do that, we will get full control over it. If
> all of you(ilug-cal-website team) agreed with me then I will install
> sendmail remotely in ilug-cal.info server or JPM can install it localy.
>
>  I am waiting for suggestions from the members.........
>

> Anirban Biswas  wrote:
>  But the thing is mail is still not working even though the above box
> is running sendmail. 192.168.10.203
>
> On 8/23/06, Anirban Biswas wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > The internal ip of the mail server was written in the old
> > configuration.php (corrupted by Surendra), and I once sshed that box
> > so it was in my bash_hsitory and it is 192.168.10.203
> >
> > Anirban.

> > > Maybe internal IP address can help.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Surendra Singhi
> > > http://ssinghi.kreeti.com/, http://www.kreeti.com

> > > Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
> > > As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
> http://isp.netscape.com/register
> > >
> > > Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
> > >
> > > New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
> > > Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
> > > Download now at
> http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
> > >

> > --
> > Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda
> > Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..
> >
> > English
> > Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
> > But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides
> >

> --
> Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda
> Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..
>
> English
> Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
> But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides
>

> Nirmalya Lahiri
> (+91-94331-13536)

Nirmalya Lahiri
(+91-94331-13536)

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
Business.