[ilug-cal-website] Re: [J.P. Mathew] Re: Email for ilugcal

  • From: Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 03:09:40 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Mathew,
  Just forgot those nasty mails. I already install Joomla in my home server and
email system also running on sendmail. So I can setup ilug-cal server within a
small period of time(expected). After seting up that server we can continue our
study for further development. So at first please install any mail
server(sendmail/postfix) in ilug server. So that we can start email service as
early as possible.

"J.P. Mathew" <jpm.nina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi:

On 8/23/06, Nirmalya Lahiri  wrote:
> Mr. Mathew,
>   We are not criticise on email topic. I respect you in every aspect. If my
> words makes you hearty, then I am extremly sorry for that. That was not my
> intension. My intension is to ready ilug-cal.info server as early as
> possible.

The "criticism" I meant is a healthy one. I read all the mail from SM
and Indranil etc. and realise, we (including me) are not doing enough.
So I am not saying that any one hurt me or upset me.
Today, I requested for another block of IP address and I will create a
DNS server for our block.
After reading Indranil's notes about dns servers and maintaining them,
I am a little worried. But I think I will take his help and set up the
server.
>  5. "I cannot access the site from within DPS" - this is related to DNS
> entry. I already make a plan to solve this problem. And I think it will
> solve the problem without spending money. But before that we have to fix the
> mail server problem.
I need to study this in detail.
Regards
JPM