[ilssa] 2012 ILSSA exhibition @ St Mary's College

  • From: ILSSA Operator <operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:26:42 -0500

Happy Holidays, impractical laborers!

We *know* many of you must be away from email this week, you lucky souls. But those of you who have read the message about the 2012 Exhibition, we need your input!

Right now we have only about a dozen replies (all YESes), but as we have over 130 members (!) we want the first ILSSA exhibition to represent a larger percentage of our membership.

Please, if you haven't already, weigh in with your interest in participating. Details are below if you missed the first message.

Here's to 2011, fellow ILSSAians. We wish you & yours the very very best.

cheers,
your Co-Ops

--
from original message, sent 12/23
--

ILSSA is an organization about process, and we'd like this -- the first ILSSA exhibition -- to exhibit evidence of our members' processes, for every day we each work in 2011. How so?

For each day you labor impractically, beginning on January 1, 2011 and through December 31, 2011: please save a remnant of your process. It should be small enough to fit in an envelope. Date the envelope, put it in a box, and and repeat for each day worked. In January 2011, mail this box to the gallery (details forthcoming, don't fret about cost, etc.). Our plan is to display these remnants, giving visitors a sense of the collective days worked by our union, as well as the nature of such work.

Logistics aside, we're trying to gauge interest, as we'd like everyone to begin saving as of January 1st! Please email operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as soon as possible and let us know if you are interested in taking part or not. Yes!! or No. is all we need at this time; further details forthcoming.
--
Many thanks!

--
AS MANY HOURS AS IT TAKES