[igniteball] Re: Urgent Decisions

  • From: Timothy Ey <timothy.ey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 15:32:29 +0000

1) Ninjas could be risky, from the previous balls (at least my) reaction to the
entertainment was "oh cool, fire-dancer lady. *watch for 20 seconds, then keep
wandering and drinking*". 1k could definitely be spent well somewhere else.

2) Champagne tickets: I think it would be much better as a 'buy ticket early'
than a 'rock up early'.
Also, for the '2+ or singular' thing, is that a 'Buy 2 tickets, get 2 vouchers'
or a 'Buy 2 tickets, get 1 voucher'? First one doesn't really give much
difference to 'Buy1Get1', 2nd makes things awkward for 2 friends buying tickets
together (who gets bottle etc). Buy1Get1 works fairly effectively at getting 60
tickets sold quickly (whereas it'd usually take us the first couple of weeks at
least to get that many sold.

3) I suppose we're already putting 5k into AV (probably about half of that into
lighting). So which is better; an extra $400 on lighting, or $400 on fortune
cookies? When you consider the difference between $3000 and $3400 on lighting,
compared to the difference between fortune cookies and no fortune cookies, I
think fortune cookies win, especially considering we'd already be putting $600
from ninjas into lighting.

Tim