IEEE Exec: URGENT

  • From: "Sean Brady" <sean.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:18:29 -0500

Hello IEEE @ VU Executives,

I need some feedback ASAP, so please read on:

Our plans for the remainder of the semester include a panel of speakers on
graduate school options, a field trip to a solar cell manufacturing plant,
and elections.  First things first.  The grad school event was tentatively
scheduled for tomorrow and was pushed back a week to next Friday.  We are
still in the process of getting the panel together in addition to our PR
materials.  Per our new policy on keeping in touch with ACM, the event was
mentioned and we found out that they are holding EXACTLY THE SAME EVENT this
coming Monday at 7:30pm.  My instinct tells me to not duplicate the effort
and instead augment their event with one or two of our panelists while
cross-promoting to a larger technical audience.  What do you all think??
We'd need to do a quick and effective PR campaign emailing, hanging posters
and informing professors both tomorrow and Monday mornings.  I'd also need
to pull in one or two panelists for Monday night.  Are we up for this?

Regardless of the date, this is the delegation for this event:
Sean - panelists & email PR
Kyle - create posters and send to Ken
Ken - hang posters (on Friday and Monday if we do the ACM thing)
Amy - place packets of posters in prof's mailboxes who have classes that
cover all COMPUTER AND ELECTRICAL sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a
cover letter asking them VERY NICELY to hand it out to a specific class on
behalf of the IEEE (you should only need 5 or so classes to cover most
everyone... contact seniors and juniors to figure out what classes those may
be)
Colin - come up with questions for each of us to ask the panelists in case
the audience goes silent
Deep - purchase door prize for event.. the ACM is doing books.. be
creative.. last event they gave out a WinTV card
Pirone - do what you've been doing all year :-)

Thanks everyone!  Sorry for the hurried nature of all this.

Please send me feedback by 8pm tonight.  I will email later regarding the
remaining events.

Sean