IEEE Exec: Recruiting Leaders & Members

  • From: "Sean T. Brady" <sean.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:18:04 -0400

Hi All!

Welcome back.  I hope everyone's move-in has gone smoothly.  I'm looking
forward to firing-up the IEEE @ VU again this year with the help of a great
team.  As discussed previously, we NEED to get moving on our recruiting of
new leaders and members ASAP.  I was thinking we would contact the
professors teaching the all-sophomore, all-junior, and all-senior classes
and try to grab 5 minutes of their class time for a quick overview of the
IEEE.  I think the overview should be different from last year: less boring,
more focused on resume-building and opportunities to meet people--get
help--get jobs.  I was also thinking of inviting everyone to a
networking-get-to-know-everyone-else event this coming Friday during the
12:30pm activities slot at which we would also elect new leadership.  What
do you all think??

Sean