[PCB_FORUM] Re: thermal webs

  • From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:39:11 -0700

Alan,

Yeah, I get those too, but I think I'm old enough to start getting them!

Anyway, I guess you're talking about positive planes, right?  If so,
Shape -> Select Shape or Void, click on the shape, then RMB on the shape to
Parameters..., then the "Thermal relief connects" tab and near the bottom,
set "Use thermal width oversize of:" and fill in the field to the right to
whatever size spoke over the default trace width you want.

Is that what you were asking?

Good luck!
Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer