[PCB_FORUM] Re: squares on same clines intersections

  • From: rjbzxr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:30:14 -0400

 Q1. What is this diamond mark?
    This diamond mark is referred to as a "connect point" or "cpoint". The
displayed
    size of this connect point is controlled by the "Connect point size" field
    in the Drawing Options >Display Tab

Q2. Do any of these marks influence a design?
    There is no "influence" of the design other than marking where a FIXED cline
    segment joins a cline segment that does not have the FIXED property.

Q3. Is this a "feature" for the fixed segment?
    This is a feature of the fixed segment which lets the user know where clines
    join that have differing FIXED property values.

This is explained in the documentation titled:
"Allegro/APD Design Guide: Routing -- 2. Interactive Routing"
in the section labeled:
Connection Behavior in Groups
If the user would like to remove these connect points they can perform the
following:
1. Remove the FIXED property from the clines
2. Use Edit >Move and select all of the clines
3. In the command area type:
     ix 0

This will merge the clines into one segment as can be seen by performing a "Show
Element on the clines before and after the above steps are performed. Please
have
only CLINES selected in the FIND filter.