[PCB_FORUM] Re: panelization in Allegro PSD15.1... salt in wound

  • From: "Gene Carman" <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:41:48 -0700

Well just to "twist the knife" a bit... even Protel includes a way to make
panels.  (of course they do it by including a gerber tool in their suite... but
still, it is included. http://www.protel.com/features.htm#7)

I know Mentor does panelization.  However Mentor cannot do AB type panels... at
least natively... you have to go to Valor to do this.

So why is Allegro so behind in this area of PWB technology?

I know, I know, wonderfull routers...  sigh...