[PCB_FORUM] Re: detect a unsaved layout in Allegro PCB

  • From: "Patrick Escher" <patrick.escher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:15:38 +0200

thx. that helps a lot.

but I cannot find that command in the Allegro Skill Manual ( Version 15.5.1)
Is this an undocumented command ?
Are we allowed to use it ?

btw. if I type that in to the Skill Dev Console, I get the following error
message
---
E- *Error* eval: undefined function - axlSaveEnable
ERROR
----
regards

Patrick

2006/9/13, fxf <fxf@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

NAME axlSaveEnable - set or query save design state SYNOPSIS axlSaveEnable( [g_saveEnable] ) -> t/nil FUNCTION This queries or sets the design save design. When t the File->Save design menu item is enabled, nil it is disabled.

         If no arguments are provided then returns current status.
         If g_saveEnable is t then enables save menu (reset of next
         database save). If g_saveEnable is nil disables the save menu.

         If is not recommended that you unset the save enable.
  NEEDS
         g_saveEnable: t
                 if not provided just does query

  RETURNS
         Returns current save setting if query and previous setting
         if changing the value.
  SEE ALSO
         axlSaveDesign
  EXAMPLES
         1) query state of save
                 state = axlSaveEnable()
         2) Set state of save to t (enable save menu)
                 oldState = axlSaveEnable(t)