[PCB_FORUM] detect a unsaved layout in Allegro PCB

  • From: "Patrick Escher" <patrick.escher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:28:33 +0200

Is it possible to detect if a layout in Allegro PCB 15.x has pending changes
which have not been saved yet to the layout database ?
Getting a 'boolean' value is sufficient.
Any flag, console command or Allegro Skill command how this can be detected.

Usecase:

we have a program which uses the layout database for some postprocessing.
The program is at the moment triggered fromthe Allegro menu and it reads the
layout database file.
So we want to make sure, that the program uses the latest database file the
user is currently working on. If the layout is modified but not saved, we
want to bring up a warning dialog/message to the user asking for a couple of
options. we do not want to force automatically a databse save ( by e.g.
console command)

regards

Patrick