[PCB_FORUM] Re: allegro crash when routing diff pairs

  • From: "Walter Boese Jr." <walterb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Boese Jr." <walterb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:38:55 -0500

Samuel,
We have seen this error here. Check to see if you have a layer specific rule attached to the diff pair and that you are drawing on the correct layer.

We have run across this problem when the engineer would change the rules in the design and not pass that info onto the designer. When trying to draw the pair the tool would instantly crash, no matter which pin you started routing from. We then turned on single trace mode and discovered the ghosted appearance of the line that tells you you can't draw on that layer. One of those live and learn things.

Oh, making sure you are running the latest ISR doesn't hurt either.

Samuel Cais wrote:

When Im routing some diff pairs Im having this message.

Its really annoying.*Do you know any fixes?*

Im running allegro 15.5 p008 (v15-5-81j) (7/13/2005) i86

Thanks

Samuel

Samuel CAIS                                Interphase Corporation

CAD PCB Designer                           2901 N. Dallas Parkway #200

cais@xxxxxxxxxx                            Plano, TX 75093

214.654.5337                               www.Interphase.com

--

Walter Boese, Jr.