[PCB_FORUM] Re: Uprev Designs 13.6 to 15.5

  • From: Barbara Seeger <blm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:22:37 -0500 (EST)

Steve,

    Uprev creates a simulated environment of Allegro software so that
   it can open the databases and save them as new data.

   Cadence can only create a simulated env if the env existed when
   the board did. Old Sun version 5, 6,8 10  databases can uprev on
   sun platforms because we've been able to compile the "dbfix" for
   each of those older versions as we created new versions. Windows
   shipped as version 12 and so we have been able to work with data
   that old, but if you had version 8 data saved on Sun, you would
   need a sun system to reopen and uprev it.  It's probably a good
   idea for customers who switch from Sun hardware to do an update
   of the archived data before abandoning that platform.

   So, in summary, we can not create that utility on Windows or Linux.

   Regards,
   Barbara Seeger - Cadence Design Systems - 978-262-6578