[PCB_FORUM] Re: Testprep Problem

  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:10:26 -0500

For future reference .....

According to the testprep.log file Dennis attached, all the failures on
the nets are due to one of two different reasons:

  'too-close=<n>'  ... <n> points (e.g. pins or vias) failed because
they were either
                       too close to other already existing testpoints
(minimum spacing
                       of 5.00), OR in fact the testpoint would create
DRC errors. The
                       'too-close' category combines both situations.

  'pad undef=<n>'  ... <n> pin or via points on the net failed because
with BOTTOM side
                       testing enabled, the pin or via point does not
have a pad
                       existing on the BOTTOM side for probing.

Ed Hickey
Allegro Technical Marketing Manager
Cadence Design Systems
Chelmsford, MA 01824