[PCB_FORUM] Re: Soft to hard location (Concept v.15.1)

  • From: "Munoz, Juan" <Juan.Munoz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:16:58 -0500

Mark,

Yes, there is an easier way.

In the Concept toolbar, go to:  Tools -> Global Update -> Global Property
Change.

After a few seconds, a Global Modification dialogue box will pop up.  The
default tab should be the "Property Change" tab.  There are some fill in boxes
(2 rows and 2 columns).

In the first row type in the property you wish to change.  In your case, it
would be:  $LOCATION.  For the value, use a wildcard ( * ).

In the second row, type in the new property name:  LOCATION.  For the value,
click on the drop down arrow and select:  ++Preserve Source Value++

Click on the radio button to select how you want the changes applied (Design,
Sheet, Page range, etc.).

Click on the " OK " You will get a warning saying something to the effect that
you cannot undo changes or something like that.  Click on "Continue" and watch
the status window until its done.

Juan M. Muñoz
Tyco Electronics Power Systems, Inc.
CAD Support Group