[PCB_FORUM] Re: Soft to hard location (Concept v.15.1)

  • From: "Bolman, Shirley H" <shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:11:41 -0700

Hi again
I am a Librarian who uses a test schematic and board to check the
Library parts I build before
they go into the library. My schematic get changed more than any others
I can think of.
I use the Preserve selection when I package and any new parts I am
testing get a new reference
designator, and the rest of them that are on my board stay the same. The
only time parts fall off
is if I move the new parts to a different part of the library before I
remove them from the schematic.

I know this doesn't sound like "real world" work to you all, but I have
had many years of schematic
experience and do know for a fact that the REPACKAGE option will change
the reference designators
for the whole schematic every time you package. Hard Locating the
reference designators also make it
much more difficult to rename the reference designators at the end of a
design and the board is gridded.
It sounds like you don't rename your parts based on an x,y grid at the
end of the design.

Shirley