[PCB_FORUM] Re: SPB16.2 - Can't change impedance value in Cross section menu

  • From: Barbara Seeger <blm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:53:47 -0500 (EST)

Bill and forum members using 16.2,

   Use caution with downrev to 16.01 in thinking it can be usable as
 a workaround for 16.2 issues. If you go back, you will lose a lot of
 constraint information. (Diff pair region rules, same net spacing
 constraints, and any HDI rules would be a concern).

   The downrev form prints out a list of what's affected. Consider it
 carefully if you've taken advantage of the new features, constraints
 or new properties. Most 16.2 specific improvements can't make the round
 trip because the features just weren't there in younger versions.

 Regards,
 Barbara Seeger