[PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad Clipping?

  • From: "Macindoe, Gary" <Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:56:15 +0000

Hey Bob,

Assuming that the mounting hole pads (metal) don't go all the way to or beyond
the board outline (I like to stay away 10 mils minimum, prefer 25 mils), I
would either "waive" the DRC, edit the mounting hole Place_Bound_Top/Bottom
shapes, or edit the Route Keepin shape near the mounting holes.

Otherwise, what Jean said 8-)

Regards,

Gary MacIndoe
Senior PCB Design Engineer