[PCB_FORUM] Re: ODB++

  • From: "David Greig" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:24:20 +0100

Hi George,

I've also found some issues with ODB output and translation. Funny that ODB++
export was claimed on the marketing glossies a few
years back! Was Valor an offshoot from Cadence (or something like that)? Not
sure how independent Valor is, but seems as if ODB
database creation for Allegro is a Valor bolt-on rather than intrinsically
Cadence.

For positive planes have you considered setting the global dyn shape params
clearances tab to themal/anti for vias and pins?
This seems to work if thermal/antis are defined in each padstack (or will short
if not!)

Best Regards

David Greig
GigaDyne Ltd