[PCB_FORUM] Re: Making NCs invisible in Orcad?

  • From: Allan Nørgaard <allan.norgaard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:17:33 +0100

Hello
No connects pin, your just add property name "NC" and in value write which
pin  e.g. 2,4,...  in your capture symbol. Allegro understand this type.

Yours sincerely
______________________________
Allan Nørgaard
VELUX A/S
Accessories
Bækgårdsvej 40, 6900 Skjern

Telephone direct:      +45 9980 6272
Telephone office:      +45 9735 3511
Office fax:                +45 9980 6260

@                             allan.norgaard@xxxxxxxxx
www                        http://www.VELUX.com

                 Allegro fan

                 <pcb.forum@xxxxxxxxx>

                 Sent by:                       icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                 icu-pcb-forum-bounce@f cc

                 reelists.org

                                        Subject

                                                [PCB_FORUM] Making NCs
invisible in Orcad?
                 01-12-2005 21:21

                 Please respond to

                 icu-pcb-forum@freelist

                 s.org

                 Stationery name:

                 -Untitled-

Hello All,

I do not want no-connect pins to be visible in my Orcad schematics.
Currently, my best solution is to use zero-length lines for pins like
NC1, NC2, NC3, etc. On ICs it's not so bad because its nice sometimes
to be able to verify that a pin is in fact a no connect.

But, having a "you haven't connected a pin" square show up on my diode
symbol is driving me nuts. The schematic symbol looks like a
2-terminal diode, but the footprint is an sot-23. I want the damn NC
pin to go away on the schematic!  Any help on this?

Thanks, Ray