[PCB_FORUM] Re: How to deal with NC pins on footprint in Allegro Design Entry HDL schematic symbol...

  • From: "Bolman, Shirley H" <shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:51:18 -0700

Austin
I see you solved this pin number issue one way, but there is another way (as
usual). If the mounting pins are not to be tied to any trace for any reason
whatsoever, then the pads can be added as a mechanical pin (these would not
have a pin number) so your logic will have only 14 pins and your physical will
have the same 14 pins with 2 mounting pads in addition. It is basically the
same as having a connector with NPTH holes for nylon mounting pegs.

Shirley in Oregon

It is a PRIVILEGE to be born Free
    It is a RIGHT to live Free
        It is a DUTY to die Free