[PCB_FORUM] Re: Hardware Platforms (was Re: OT operating system)

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:57:11 -0400

I have dual processors and have for some time now.
The really nice thing is that the machine is still useful for other
stuff while allegro is using up one processor.
Make sure you get at least 1g of memory, though. Less most
likely will cost you in short order.
And I think Cadence needs to get ON the stick and get this take
care of. They have gotten a Linux version running. I think
putting those resources into multi-threading allegro would
have been cycles better spent.
Kevin McCowan
SR. PCB Designer
TSI Telsys

george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Allegro doesn't directly support both processors, but with a single
processor _ALL_ tasks are taking time away from Allegro, on a dual processor
only some of the tasks are taking time, maybe radically less if you assign
Allegro to a particular processor and increase precedence to "Real Time".

Now, if Cadence got off the stick and started multi-threading Allegro, the
speed improvement would be even better (Is that a valid top-5?)

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.