[PCB_FORUM] Re: Disappearing lines

  • From: "Mosley, Bobby" <bobby.mosley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:01:22 -0800

Thanks to all that responded, As it turned out the problem was with the
Graphics Controller on my Dell, I downloaded a new one from Intel and
everything is spinning in greased grooves.  Hank my local rep came up with the
fix, here is his response that explains what to do:

In several cases of Allegro's "disappearing graphics when zoomed far in," the
problem was with Dell computers with Intel 82845G GL Graphic controllers; in
these cases downloading the Intel 828445G/GL/PE/GV Graphics Controller and
reloading the driver resolved the problem.  The driver can be found at:

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=865

In at least one other case, the source of the problem was the video driver for
an nVidea graphics card that was obtained from the Dell website.  The customer
downloaded the latest driver directly from NVidea and that resolved the problem.

Bobby Mosley