[PCB_FORUM] Re: DRC

  • From: William Billereau <William.Billereau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:04:26 +0200

With cam350 V9.51.
We have 2 licenses of this tool here.
All our boards are treated with it.

As RS274X was not (we use Allegro since 1995 and version 95a or 97a) convenient
to use (and maybe still not convenient to use), we create our films in RS274,
then we convert then to RS274x with this tool.
Useful to generate PDF files with each film and now we also check the IPC
netlist. Works great (when we do not forget to run it ;-)

Export Gerber netlist, import IPC356A netlist (extracted directly from Allegro)
and then compare them
Quite long to proceed with large boards.
It detects things like (for example) antipad definition missing (only warnings
in Allegro but this will put shorts on power planes)

        William.