[PCB_FORUM] DFA, DFT Was - how do YOU handle component spacing rules?

  • From: "Ken Kiplinger" <kkiplinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:04:30 -0700

     DFA? DFT?
     We build parts according to specs or examples which are hopefully provided
by each customer with the original start package (or not - in which case, we go
with our standard library which is built to IPC specs for bodies, and worst
case specs for placebounds - BTW, they keep changing - it wasn't too long ago
that we were doing ICT at 75 mil spacing, and BGA rework isn't as much of a
consideration for assembly clearances as it used to be). We maintain separate
libraries for each customer. Not by board, but by technology groups in some
cases. I agree with you on worst case planning in the case of libraries. Not
very efficient.
     I don't know how far Cadence will go with this. They've said repeatedly
that Allegro is not a verification tool.
   Ken Kiplinger
   Design Solutions, Inc.
   www.designsolutions.com