[PCB_FORUM] Re: Capture CIS Std BOM-where are my property values?

  • From: "westfeldt" <westfeldt_nbcd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:07:50 -0600

1.  Standard Bill of Materials is under the CIS Bill of Materials in the
reports pull down.  Do you have a CIS database all set up?  If not, you need
to go to the Bill of Materials under the Tools pulldown and enter some text
strings in the menu.  You can save those text strings in notepad for later
use in one or more designs.

2.  Are you entering your properties in the schematic symbol editor?  If so,
you may want to consider other ways of doing that, either through the CIS
database or directly in the design in the spreadsheets available.  If you
adopt one of these alternates, each schematic symbol can be used for a wide
variety of parts.