[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro error

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:31:41 -0400

And, of course, if you are on maintenance you could send the
database to your friendly cadence fellow and ask them
to try to fix it for you. This has worked for me several
times over the course of my pcb career. Not mentioned yet,
the AUTOSAVE file (AUTOSAVE.brd) is also a possibility if
you had autosave set to a reasonable value (I use 10 minutes)
and it hasn't been written over yet.
Best of luck,
TSI Telsys

rjbzxr@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Also if your running Allegro 15.2 it will automatically generate the Script from the *.jrl file.. If you do not have 15.2 then there is a skill routeen which will do this for you, so you don't need to hack the *.jrl file yourself.

anthony.cosentino@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If you have your last saved database or better yet an even newer autosave
database and your journal file then yes you can generate a replay script
that will rerun  the commands. The journal file (.jrl) will need to be
parsed out to include all command after the latest save and only include
the command lines as the other lines in the .jrl file are comments only and
will cause your replay script to fail. The command lines all begin with \i
and the comments all begin with \t. Once you have created the script from
the .jrl then you can replay it using File-Script-Replay.
Note of caution: Do not try reopening your current database without copying
your database or autosave and the journal file to a safe location. If you
do reopen the database you chance over-writing the journal data and then
you will never be able to recover your lost commands.
If you need help with this task you can contact me directly via my work
phone.
Thanks
Tony Cosentino
Tekelec - PCB Design Engineer
5200 Paramount Parkway
Morrisville, NC 27560
919-460-3656 Work
919-414-2083 Cell
anthony.cosentino@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.tekelec.com

"Budathoki, Trilok (GE To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Consumer & cc: Industrial)" Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Allegro error Sent by:

09/22/2004 06:43 AM Please respond to icu-pcb-forum

Hi
Is there any way to  retrieve board file.I was working on a layout but
suddenly  allegro crashed & my entire work is gone.
I have .jrl file in  my folder tat shows almost same time when application
crashed.
Anyone nows how  to get that done.
Thanks in  advance.

Trilok Budathoki
GE - India Business Center
(: 91-40-27881731(Direct)
* : trilok.budathoki@xxxxxx

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.