[PCB_FORUM] Re: 15.2 allegro symbol padstacks built with .ssm

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:45:06 -0400

And this is being fixed?
You would know, right? Being a Cadence person and all.
I would consider this a significant bug. A feature
that makes things easier then breaks other stuff.
I would call that bad, just bad.

TSI Telsys

Barbara Seeger wrote:
Sue,
The display of a circular pad fails if the pad contains just 1 arc.
Shape -> circular in the menu creates a 1 arc pad. The workaround I suggest is to re-create the .ssm by using add shape polygon, set to arc, at 180 degrees angle and a radius of what
size you need. This stores the data with 2 arcs which the display code
will draw properly.
Regards,
Barbara Seeger - Cadence Design Systems - 978-262-6578

I ran into a problem building a symbol with a padstack containing .ssm's
built using shape circles, rather than the old style of building
circular shapes by connecting arc segments. Mostly because that's my
option in 15.2

I built the .ssm
I created the padstack, the geometry was shape and I added the name
using the shape selection block
I created the symbol and placed the pin :PROBLEM: no visible shape came
through, but I can detect on the area I know that I placed that pin and
it informs me that a pin exists in that area, allegro lets me create a
.bsm and .dra file with no errors
I pull the symbol into a board file, :PROBLEM:  no visible pads on the
component, but once again allegro informs me that the pin does exist in
that location.
I ran adb++ from that board, and the pins were visible in the output.

I repeated the process, this time using rectangular shapes, "NO
PROBLEMS". Pin pads were visible in the symbol, Allegro, and in the
output.

Has anyone else run into this? If so are you getting around this
successfully? How so?

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.