Re: [icon-users] Keep together

  • From: Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:54:03 +0000 (GMT)

On 19 Mar, Harriet Bazley
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does Easiwriter have a paragraph/lines/section 'keep
> together' facility, such that one can prevent, say,
> individual list items from splitting across a page break?

> (I can only find references in the manual to keeping
> figures/captions and tables together.)

It is the default for tables, which I personally found a
major nuisance. I remember spending hours cursing at EW
years back when I discovered that adding a single line to a
table meant that the whole table shifted to the following
page instead of splitting cleanly across the page break.

The sense of relief when I found out what was 'wrong' was
enormous!