[icon-users] A couple of feature requests

  • From: "gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ICON-USERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:00:15 -0400 (EDT)

I'm busy writing up a doctoral thesis and today had occasion to move
a couple of subsections from one chapter to another.  Of course, these
subsections contained figures/tables/equations, which required manual
editing to fix.  It would be nice if the renumberings had occurred
automatically.

A couple of feature requests:

1) Auto numbering of figures/tables/equations.

2) Easy addition of text into URL links (as mentioned on this list in
   late 2008).

3) A method of keeping text from being split across lines.  If I have
   "-13.4" at the end of a line, I can end up with "-" on one line and
   "13.4" on the next.  Currently, I'm ignoring these problems until
   I finish entering and editing text, then I'll put in soft line breaks.

Gareth